February 19, 2018
MEN'S MIDWEEK THIS WEEK -- Wednesday, February 21st
The men will be meeting together for midweek this Wednesday, February 21st at 7:15. Our AWANA program will also resume this week. The upcoming midweek schedule is as follows:
* 2/21 -- Men's Midweek
* 2/28 -- Women's Midweek
* 3/07 -- All Church Dinner (6:30PM)
* 3/14 -- Small Groups Gathering
"SISTER SUPPER" -- Saturday, March 3rd
The Northview women will be hosting a "Sister Supper" from 5-9 PM on Saturday, March 3rd at the church building. Join us (and bring your friends!) for an evening of fellowship, food and fun. No childcare will be provided so that we can all fully enjoy this girls' night out! If you need help finding arrangements for your kids, please reach out to Susan Elisha. We will have games, a dinner and live entertainment.
SAVE THE DATE! 2019 WOMEN'S RETREAT -- March 15-17th, 2019
Please mark your calendars for the 2019 Women's Retreat at Amicolola Falls State Park and Lodge! The retreat will be held on the weekend of March 15th-17th, 2019.
It's Tax time again! If you gave contribution in 2017 and have not yet received your 2017 Giving Statement, please reply to this email. Giving statements for digital contributions were emailed on January 10th (Pushpay) and giving statements for non-digital contributions were emailed the last week in January from the church Accountant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEW CHURCH APP NOW AVAILABLE
Check out our new church app! It contains all the features of the last app, and more: https://a3a.me/northview
* ANDROID OS USERS: Before you download the new app, please uninstall the old app. To uninstall, go to Settings > Applications > The Northview Church > Click "Uninstall". The link above will direct you to download the new app from the Android Play Store.
* APPLE OS USERS: Clicking on the link above will direct you to the Apple App store. If you already have the app, it will prompt you to update. If you do not have the app yet, you will be able to download it.
Once you have downloaded/updated to our new app:
* Set up a Profile: Click on the three bars in the top right-hand corner of the app. Click on the picture icon on the top. You can add a profile picture, a cover photo as well as update your personal information. This will allow forms you fill out in the future to pre-populate with your info.
* Set Up A Recurring Digital Gift: Click on the 'Give' feature to set up a gift. You can choose a recurring or one-time gift. You can also choose to cover your own transaction fees in addition to your digital gift.
* Browse The Directory: Our directory service hasn't changed so you will still be able to access the directory using your old login credentials. I you forget your username or password for the directory, send us an email (mailto:email@example.com?subject=Directory%20Login%20Reset%20Needed) and we will reset it for you.
* Send Us A Connect Card: Click on the 'Connect With Us' feature. Let us know what you think of the new app!
DRAKE HOUSE MENTOR NEEDED
We have a new family who just moved in this week to the apartment we sponsor, a mom and two teen sons. We still need one more mentor for one of the boys. Please text Micki Novak 678-907-1746 (tel:678-907-1746) if you are willing to help out.
RUN/FUN RUN TO BENEFIT GOSHEN VALLEY BOY'S RANCH -- Saturday, February 24th
This year the Cherokee Rec & Parks Agency will be hosting a fun run benefiting the Goshen Valley Boy's Ranch. The race is this Saturday morning. See the website for more details: http://www.crpa.net/special-events/guns-hoses-5k/
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR COMMUNION PREPARATION
Volunteers are needed to prepare communion bread and juice for the congregation. People who sign up will serve for one month, twice per year. If you are able to help in this way, please email Astrid Ortiz (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Communion%20Prep) .
* Please pray for Kristi Cole's niece, Angelina who is battling breast cancer. Specifically, please pray that surgery on Feb 22 and the subsequent recovery will go well.
* Please pray that Mike Dickie will regain the use of his right hand in the next 6 months!
* Thank you for the prayers for Erin Morris. She is doing better, not on bed rest at the moment. Please continue to pray that the pregnancy goes smoothly and she can carry full term.
* Mark Law's recovery is going well. He is now eating normally! Please continue to pray for his recovery to be smooth and without complications.
* Please pray for Mimi Dyer who suffered an ocular stroke and has lost sight in one eye. Please pray for her sight to be restored and her spirits to be lifted.
* Please continue to pray for our brothers and sisters at Cornerstone.