November 5, 2018
SMALL GROUPS GATHERING THIS WEEK
We will be meeting in small groups this week. Our upcoming midweek schedule is as follows:
11/07 — Small Groups Gathering
11/14 — Men’s Midweek
11/21 — No Midweek or AWANA
11/28 — No Midweek
SPECIAL CONTRIBUTION COMING UP THIS SUNDAY — November 11, 2018
METHODS OF GIVING
There are three options for ways you can give:
Collection Plate – Simply place your cash or check in the plate on Sunday morning, including notation on the specific fund(s) you would like to support. See below for more information on the fund options.
Electronic Giving — Use the Northview Church App and give electronically to the fund of your choice. To access our electronic giving portal, click on this link or text “Give” to (678) 883-7187. If you have questions about giving electronically, please email Christine Lefler at email@example.com
Stock Donations –- To transfer securities, you need the following information: Account Name – Northview Church of Christ; Account # 3615-3560; DTC # 0075. If you need assistance, please contact Kim Powers at 470-423-0861.
Each year we provide multiple options for our members. You can choose one or more of the following recipients for your financial gift, or you can simply give to the General Fund and allow our board of directors to determine how the money will be distributed:
1. La Paz, Bolivia: We support various social programs in La Paz including the B-Olivia Library which serves approximately 2,000 children per month in 25 locations throughout Bolivia. Additionally, we provide funding for ESL Classes, the HOPE Medical Clinic, and provide food and social services to the poorest families in Bolivia. Last year provided financial support and 19 volunteers to assist the work of the Familia Feliz orphanage in Rurrenabaque, Bolivia.
2. African Missions: We support the work in Abidjan and Bungoma, and have historically have focused most of our efforts in East Africa and French-Speaking Africa.
3. HOPE Worldwide: We support HOPE’s Disaster Relief Fund and have supported their International Day of Giving which funds the oversight of projects around the world.
4. The Path Church: The Path Church focuses their outreach in the city of Atlanta, and has a vibrant campus ministry at Morehouse, Clark Atlanta, and Spellman. They are changing the lives of young men and women, who are in turn changing the lives of families throughout the city of Atlanta.
5. Benevolence: Our benevolence fund directly and indirectly provides short-term relief for those in need, including shelter, food, educational support, and medical assistance. We have supported the following organizations: The Drake House, Gilgal, Ground Zero Grace, Building Your Legacy, and Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief.
6. Next Generation Fund: Our Next Gen Fund provides part-time ministry internships during the summer for campus students who have expressed an interest in possibly serving in the full-time ministry upon graduation Two of our past interns are now in the full-time ministry – Cory Cole and Carly Shortland.
WOMEN’S MINISTRY EVENTS
SAVE THE DATE: SPRING WOMEN’S RETREAT — March 15-17, 2019 at Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
Stay tuned for more details.
SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS/GRIEF WORKSHOP — Sunday, November 11
Carolyn Sessions will be leading a Surviving the Holiday’s workshop on Sunday, November 11. It will meet from 2 to 4, at the church. It will be for any man or woman, who are facing a difficult time during the holiday season because of their loss of a loved one. The purpose of this workshop will be to help recognize grief symptoms that may be a problem during the holidays. And to help learn how to make plans that may be helpful. Please let Carolyn know if you plan to attend by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAKE HOUSE COLLECTING GENTLY USED WINTER COATS
We will be collecting new or gently used WINTER COATS for residents of the Drake House. Please leave donations in the box in the lobby of the church.
DRAKE HOUSE THANKSGIVING BASKETS
Please let Helen Lenahen know if you would be interested in providing a Thanksgiving Basket for a Drake House Family. You can email her at email@example.com.
UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers or Carol Morris. Her surgery was a complete success! Please continue to pray for her health, their family and the church they work for.
UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers for the mother of Angelica Yim, Simplicia Ejanda. Simplicia was discharged a few days ago and is recuperating at home. Please pray for her continued recovery.
Please pray for the grandmother of Tish Carman, Betty Dukes who is currently hospitalized in the ICU in Nashville with pneumonia.
Please continue to pray for Dan Clemenz who is currently undergoing radiation therapy. Please pray that it will have the desired effect.
Please pray for Scott Creekmore who is in the hospital after a recent automobile accident.
Please continue to pray for Mark Law as he goes through chemotherapy.
Please pray that Mike Dickie will regain the use of his right hand in the next 6 months!